Last week I wrote about the issue of Photoshop falsification of images, and the way that this is altering our perceptions, to the point of absurdity, about what constitutes authentic feminine beauty.
Although this issue can seem overwhelming in its scope (just consider how much of this sort of content [...]Continue Reading →
Two days ago the Stuff.co.nz website ran a story about two computer scientists who are calling for a rating system to be introduced to magazines (and presumably other media as well) to advise readers about the level of artificial Photoshop retouching that has been applied to any published photograph or image.
[...]Continue Reading →
Enter your address to get instant email alerts about new articles:
Quotable Quotes…“Everybody feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure”-
-Alexis de Tocquevill
curently popular on Facebook…
- Joanne on Family First is not the first NZ charity to be targeted by the state for the views it holds
- ALRANZ doing its best to sell New Zealand the emperor’s new clothes | The Leading Edge on If ALRANZ gets its way it will only be a matter of time before NZ is dealing with a Gosnell case of its own
- Young Labour now trying to peddle old failed Labour abortion policies | The Leading Edge on Young Labour now divided on lobbying for abortion law change in NZ
- HtD on Family First is not the first NZ charity to be targeted by the state for the views it holds
- Young Labour now trying to peddle old failed Labour abortion policies | The Leading Edge on If ALRANZ gets its way it will only be a matter of time before NZ is dealing with a Gosnell case of its own
Archive of Blog Posts:
Tags2011 General Election Abortion Advent Beauty Catholic Christchurch Earthquake Christmas Easter Ethics Eugenics Euthanasia Facebook Faith Family Feminism Gay Marriage Jesus John Banks John Key Leadership Lent Life TV Living Louisa Wall Lousia Wall Love Manhood Marriage Marriage equality Masculinity Media New Zealand NZ NZ Herald Parenting Photo manipulation unmasked Photoshop Politics Pro-Life Red Zone Relationships Religion Romance Suffering Voting